Wednesday, April 17

I've been thinking...



Isn't that wonderful? The power of thought? The freedom of it? How it fleets like a shooting star, the mental faculties of your brain play the universe where it is free to roam and run free until it decides to crash? Or perhaps we have made planets in our own little universe, some big and small with a select few that other planets will always revolve around.

But what I mean is, thought in itself is both a beautiful yet dangerous entity on its own. It shines the spectrums of all the emotions and perspectives at one go if it could. Consider this sentence:

I am gay.

Now that line alone sends a myriad of emotions and thoughts running through you. Could have chosen not to care but then again remember those planets I was just talking about? They are not just planets, they are mental anchors as I see it. Things like value, love, truth, perceptions, ideas, virtues and whatever else we hold on to that keeps us grounded (in our mental universe? Yeah that's very funny, Hannan). 

Truth be told, my point sent across, we could try too hard not to care about things like that but the fact it is there seals its presence. No matter how hard we try to erase it, fragments of what we did and used to hold will forever remain. Simply because: we held them, at all. 

Sometimes, we come to a point where our human condition rears itself in our face, crashing hard on us. That is the reality, our most salient and unique human feature: a battle of the heart and the head. 

And lately I find myself gravitating towards my heart strings than the systematic logical almost robotic confines of the mind. I trusted that it was a good move. Irony, that was another move of the heart. Again it won.

So for once, I'm thinking, I think. My head won this time and I see through things quite thoroughly I hope. No, I know so. This time, my head wins. 

One of these days, I'd love to turn off these two spectrums and be well... A zombie. When the feeling of nothingness is the most beautiful feeling in the world. Though at that point, I would never understand what I just said if it happened and that in itself is an ironic success one can only ponder over.

Found myself writing this.

*proceeds to switch mind off*

So I boiled a tomato in the toaster. The caveman said: JAMAICAN ME HORNY. He came from Iceland.

No comments: