I honestly find it easy to forgive people for their falls, faults and mistakes. Though it may irritate me or upset me in the moment, I really find myself thinking it through afterwards. It is after this reflection that I realise it is not worth holding these faults against them. Even if I find it hard to do so, long moments of pondering allow me to tell myself I can't stay so unforgiving for so long. This, becomes generally my thought process when it comes to forgiving people.
Though I face a terrible irony of the above mentioned adage. I can never seem to forget these mistakes especially if borne against or with me. Am I truly forgiving them if I can't forget that they ever did it? Then what good is my forgiveness? I am not a god, I'm only so human to forgive people for the things they do. Sometimes I wonder if it ever meant anything to them, the people I forgive. On my side, the fact that I find it hard to forget troubles me. Though my forgiveness is genuinely sincere, my lack of forgetting makes me wonder really; is it insincere forgiveness or am I really reflecting deeply on their mistakes? This is merely a quandary that haunts my Sanctuary mind every other day.
Forgive and forget. But moreover, don't forget to forgive, sincerely.
Found myself writing this.
No comments:
Post a Comment