I went to the classroom, the girls, why were they all in pigtails? It was so cute! I liked it so much. If I had long hair, I would definitely get my hair in pigtails as well. All the girls were literally in pigtails in 4F. Well except for Shermin but that doesn't really matter.
On the way down to the quadrangle, I just couldn't stop smiling, the occasion being the reason. Seeing my dear sec 3's in blazers looking smart and taking charge as leaders, I feel proud of them. I just couldn't help but feel happy. Ahh, my elation couldn't be strongly expressed. The closest word I could find to really express my happiness, exalted.
Taking that badge, it says graduation, for some reason, it signified the end, and everyone was well prepared for this end. Some of us were couldn't wait for it. Some of us were dying for this moment. And yet now that it's here, we just couldn't help but want a few more hours, a few more moments, a few more minutes, just a few more seconds. Knowing that it's our last but god please, just a few more seconds please? I can't say that I'm not going to be sad not seeing you, but I do want to say it's not easy to not feel sad on such an occasion. Inside everyone of us, we feel like bursting into tears; if we already have not.
Then during the walk-in, the red carpet, meant for us who are about to leave, like an entrance, but for us an exit. Oh gosh, irony in motion. On that red carpet, I stood proud and tall, knowing that 4 years here, it was good. Really good, education here was not a waste, in fact, I've become a better person tenfold in ways I wish I could say.
Watching the class videos, I thought 4D's one was very cheeky, with the balloons, everything was so well done. 4E's video was really funny, especially in the chemistry and physics lab where they made a lot of trouble. Gah, it makes one jealous and envious. Was there anymore we could have done to show our gratitude? It's our end already and now we wish we could do a whole lot more!
Seeing my class' video, I didn't feel bothered over the depiction of high-socks, but it displayed the essence of our class. That's what counts. Wouldn't have it any less than this. Just glad to have done something.
4G and 4H, well, theirs was cool as well, maybe way better off than what we did, and more innovative, but then again, we always wish we could have done more.
Listening to the teacher's speech, I watched as Mr Chan spoke, so heavily and solemnly, just watching him speak and the words he said, with a visual accompaniment of times long gone, it was almost too hard to keep tears from overflowing. It had the best of us, he was there throughout, we were all sad, I almost cried, but I didn't. It was extremely tear jerking, his emotions exuded throughout the video, the atmosphere, his tone and voice. Inescapable, that is sincerity, honesty and real heart from Mr Chan. For once. Extremely sad for the whole 4F.
The interview and the rest of the DVD (remember "Woohoo"). Was fine, but always with the woohoo. Woohoo. Dassyali was ubiquitious throughout the whole program. Solo performances, band performance, regular participation in the interviews, and what not. He is the star of the day. Woohoo. The only form of comic-relief in an otherwise solemn occasion.
But have to mention that the band performance was great, if not for the AVA's mixup and technical difficulties. It almost sullied their performance, just glad they went on, they really are worth our applause.
The school theme song. That was another source of tear jerking. For three years, the words meant close to nothing. This year, it meant everything to me. It can only mean so much now, and it's overwhelming, just singing the song can bring a tear to one's eye.
Right after that, refreshments. God, it felt so sad in the canteen for me. Everyone, happily taking pictures, but I'm glad my dear did pass me her little gift, it did cheer me up a little. Half the time I was helping other people take pictures, taking only 2-3 in the canteen itself. That it was sad, it showed how distant I was from everyone despite being surrounded by my own cohort.
But it was all made better when we had pizza in the AVA room! : D





And after the whole pizza craze, we all had Mr Chan's final few words regarding the speech and how he truly felt about it. Following that was by far our last chance at taking a picture as a whole class.

Right after that, I went to chase after my lovely juniors for a few last pics with them too. Even though I couldn't quite get everyone, I still want to take a picture with everyone proper. With happiness and love.
And shortly after that, I accompanied David to NTU for his lunch because I owe him this much today. I could have gone with my juniors, but I owe him. Definitely. Anyway, the journey at NTU is quite an intriguing one! I lost my cactus memento there too :'( SO SAD LAR. BUT NEVERMIND, I THINK THE JOURNEY IS WORTHWHILE ANYWAY! :D
Credits to David for all the pictures. This would all have not been possible without him.
To all my juniors who are reading this, I have this to say to you.
"In my life, I could choose to tell you between, zero to a million times, I love you. So I tell you over and over again, I love you. Always." - Hannan.
Found myself writing this. Woohoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment