Thursday, October 9

Home Free

Ah. The morning of the final exam. How sweet the air is. (I did not know.)

I was at the interchange and I was wondering "where is everyone?"
I thought I was going to be late because all I saw on the bus were NSmen.

Assembly. Turns out that only those taking Elective/Pure Literature were here.
I didn't realise it was the first exam, I thought POA was first.

Literature Paper. Whoah. Easier than expected, but I wished I read more of Helena. I managed to finish my paper with 10 minutes to spare. As compared to Mid-year where I was not done with one question.

My question lengths were...

1a) 1 page / 4 para
1b) 1 and a quarter page / 5 para
3a) 1 and a quarter page / 5 para
3b) 3 quarter a page / 3 para.

LOLS. I might not score too much. With the remaining 10 minutes... maybe I could have written more? Especially the Helena bit, I felt that I didn't write enough.

Anyway, after I was done with the paper, I was playing around with my ruler. Bending it with my index finger and thumb, repeatedly. Suddenly, out of nowhere, it SNAPPED. I was laughing to myself immediately. In hysteria in the dying minutes of a Literature exam. I'm surprised no one was distracted by the noise, leading me to be deceived that no one heard it. When in truth, a lot of people heard it.

Break. Studied POA with Shi Jie/Pamela/Munifah/Dhamirah. I had this joke about POA but I don't think anyone else has found it funny except for myself. Or is it me being lame?

Ok, in POA, they will always give you some information, such as the bank statement and the cash book does not balance etc... among others. Then, after all the additional information, they will put something like this:

(Note: the dots are a mere continuation that isn't really needed to non-POA students to know)

REQUIRED:

a)An amended cash book.......
b)A statement with proper heading to reconcile for the bank statement....

Then I said "Is this is required, then what is optional?"

I even tickled on the idea that the "optional" should be available so that we can score extra marks. XD

POA paper 1: It was rather easy more than difficult. In fact, I found myself doing all the questions and completing it. I felt so good about myself. I just hope I don't fail this paper. First time I felt good about doing a POA paper.

Afterwards, I left the hall with a feeling of being home free. No more exams. Finally, well, there's more pressure now. But it's like having taken off a bag full of bricks. The past few nights were filled with little hours of sleep and hours of study. Truly it is a relief.

Went home with Shi Jie, Li Shwen, Ainul, and Joel. On the bus, I chatted with Ainul while Shi Jie played a game on my phone.

Later me and Ainul planned to meet up and buy his guitar.

Fast forwarding>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Met Ainul and his brother at Chua Chu Kang. Ainul's brother is a rather quiet guy, but I can understand that since it can be perceived he's not a very fluent English speaker.

Yes this is worth mentioning. On the way to City Hall, I had fun with Ainul by sms-ing him. Ironically, we were only two steps away from each other.

I sent messages like:

"Would you like to be an exotic dancer? Only 29.99/month!"
and he would reply with
"No thanks."

And I would go
"How's about belly dancing classes? We have authentic bellydancer instructors!"

Yeah... the fun. How ironic that is. What's more, when he tried to make it look like he was not trying to do anything pecuiliar, he did it in the most obvious way, such as by looking at places normal people would. Such as looking too far right and left and suddenly tilting his head so he could see the ceiling.

I responded by doing the same and suddenly touching the ceiling. XD

Anyway when at Peninsula we visited about 3-4 guitar stores before deciding to purchase a guitar pack at Davis Guitar. He saw a Fender model copy he liked, I tried it first before he tried it himself. His reason being "I'm not that good."

I offered to add an additional $50 if he got a better model apart from a Fender. We tried out this Gibson Les Paul copy that costed $250. He really liked it, but then he said that they only had enough for the Fender.

Sadly, if his sister came, he could afford the Gibson Les Paul copy. Even after my additional 50, it only added up to 216. Anyway he was content with the Fender that he purchased anyway.

I kept joking around, the Fender costed 215 total, I said "So the 1 dollar change you going to split in half? Like that both of you can get Ice-cream at Macdonalds."
Ainul kept telling me how dissapointed he was that his sister didn't come, otherwise they could afford the Gibson Les Paul.

Went home realising Ainul didn't realise something I let out that he could not suspect even though it was blatantly obvious.

Some day, our guitars will meet in pure awesomeness.

Found myself writing this.

No comments: