Alright.
Time to make a reply. Since you ask for it. I'll give.
Well, this is how I'll do it, I copied and pasted almost everything of Li Shwen's post, (I don't know why it sounds wrong.) and I'll just reply in Italics to the appropiate points directly underneath.
Here goes!
Since Hannan wrote this on his blog,let me say it here.
This is what he wrote:
Nothing to mention about the 4 hours. Except that you guys can really hurt me when you laugh at me and tell other people about it in CHINESE. That's fucked up. I really don't feel like I should be playing guitar in a Chinese language DOMINANT CCA. You all can understand Chinese and there's only 2 people who don't. Might as well get Mr Yeo to speak in Chinese. Yeah that's good, then I can leave because I don't understand. Just like how you don't understand how it feels to be discriminated because of LANGUAGE.I'm not saying that making jokes about me is wrong, but I'm saying taking it up a step further, like how you all did today was wrong. I really found you guys despicable anymore. You're not making guitar a good time for me. When I have to listen to all the ramblings, happy , sad and angry in CHINESE. It's fucked up feeling like you don't understand and subsequently don't feel understood.
My reply:Look, we speak CHINESE cause we are CHINESE. Then do you expect us to speak in MALAY or INDIAN? Our ENGLISH is not as fluent as yours. speaking in ENGLISH only make us xiasuay. and fyi, we are not PLAYING GUITAR IN CHINESE, we use our HANDS to play GUITAR.and PLEASE, mr yeo is already speaking in CHINESE for most of th time. and he did respect you when he talk to us when you're ard with ENGLISH. what else do you expect? 24/7 speaking ENGLISH? then when you all speak MALAY, i must also emo and say about it? i found it with no link at all . you want me to speak in Malay/English 24/7 for you?
I don't blame you for speaking Chinese. And I don't blame that your English is not good. And uhmm, no need to point out the obvious of the playing guitar thing. It's really not about that. Point is , this "respect" thing, seems more like sympathy rather than respect. Don't need to go overboard with respect or anything. It's just the way that some people do things that it doesn't seem like another. Like how this "respect" doesn't seem to be. No, I don't expect you to speak in English all of the time. I only like it if, we all get a good share of laughs, that I don't seem to get because I don't understand. And btw, "then when you all speak MALAY, i must also emo and say about it? " You will never come across the situation ever. Unlike me. And the last request, answer is no. No need to exaggerate.
And please, majority are CHINESE, obviously we'll speak in CHINESE. you could just say: hey, can you guys speak in ENGLISH? then we'll surely speak in ENGLISH for YOUR SAKE. We are not unreasonable people. so what if we are despicable. SOME are not even saying it, but laughing at it . Who wont laugh, you tell me. Since you feel fucked up now, i feel FUCKED UP too when you said we left you out cause of race/language. See, Jonjoe dont understand CHINESE too.
I'm already so tired of trying to get you guys to do so. It just doesn't make a difference. It's really just too much trouble. And to speak English for my sake it's just too much. Oh, and I forgot that I was supposed to rephrase that sentence there. The "I really found you guys despicable anymore" was supposed to be "I really found you guys despicable for such a thing." but in a sense, what happened, I really didn't like it. And I found it very despicable. But I didn't mean that you were despicable people.
And please do acting as if we are the DEVILS that keep bullying you . In conversation w you, titus and hongyu , you are obviously wanting to gain hongyu's sympathy. You're losing out to yourself when you meet your CHALLENGES(which is us). GUITAR IS GUITAR, PERSONAL STUFFS WITH US IS PERSONAL STUFFS WITH US. There's a difference in it. Since you cant do it, and you want to quit GUITAR, what's the point of continuing when you're in GUITAR since Sec1?
I didn't ask for Hong Yu's sympathy. Thanks for making me realise it was a challenge. I did not realise it until now, but hey, it's not a different thing. I consider it a serious issue. And, the Sec 1 thing, I joined guitar with the weirdest reason. And I only wanted to quit now because, of RECENT events.
And as you know, SIR is kind of SARCASTIC. cant blame him for that. you've and we've known him for 3years. cant you know him well enough? You could just say: Hey, i dont know why you guys are going against me, or Hey, i dont know why you guys are making fun of him because of THAT.
We all know Sir is sarcastic. It's ok if you make fun of me. But there's a limit to it. But I thought you knew about that. Am I supposed to tell you that you're going too far? I rub it off, thinking that, you are all mature enough, to know to what extent jokes like these should go to.
You said
(11:21 PM) Hàn Nán. :
li shwen i believe you know why. u contributed to it inadvertently too.
(11:22 PM) Hàn Nán. :
i said that u contributed to it INADVERTENTLY. meaning, you contributed, but you don't realise it. other people did it too.then junior blamed me when you wanna quit guitar.
(11:21 PM) yipppee...aesthe:
then don make fun lah
(11:25 PM) Titus:
wth man
(11:25 PM) Titus:
tell everyone dont make fun of him alrd
(11:25 PM) Titus:
including sure
(11:25 PM) Titus:
sir*
i dont care what bullshits you are trying to say. Maybe or YES, it is our fault for making fun of you. BUT, dont BLAME it on ALL of us, since some dont have any opinion on it, or just passerby who are laughing. If you're not happy about it, COMPLAIN then. YOU GOT THE MOUTH. and we cant control it . i dont have a remote control for it . SPEAK out for yourself then.
Honestly, I'm really getting tired of telling anyone to speak in English. It's a stupid thing to do nowadays. I'd rather keep quiet, it's so much easier. But, now, you are pointing the blame at me. I learn from my mistakes. There's a huge problem that a lot of people just can't learn from theirs too. It's a sad thing. Don't blame me for all the things I have done. When at the end of the day, I stop complaining, you will all learn nothing from this incident.
And great, you've got people who gained pity on you. -claps. a round of applause
. do you need me to play take a bow?
Let's hear your speech out,
How about a round of applause,
A standing ovation.
This is not helping me make me feel any better.
Yes. I laughed. But what do you want me to do? Kneel down, give you a cup of tea and say: Hannan sir, would you forgive me? Like please,i didnt say anything when they made fun of you today.
Exaggeration here. And yes I would like it if someone said sorry to me if they had laughed at me and I didn't understand. AT LEAST it would make me feel a little better. Than having been laughed at and not know why. But don't need the kneeling nor the tea. But I'd like an apology, at least. It's the least.
Oh, btw, TRUTH ARE THE TRUTHS. TRUTHS ARE WHAT WE SAID, WHAT WE LAUGHED AT, WHAT WE TALKED ABOUT. And you could just say: TRUTHS ARE TRUTHS, BUT MEAN TRUTHS ARE MEANT TO BE SECRET AND NOT TO BE LAUGHED AT.then im sure all of us wont say anything or laugh . You got the mouth to say, why not say it out? Instead of blogging about it, saying we are bad people . Since you speak such a fluent ENGLISH, then tell us with all the chim-ma-logy you've got. And we'll understand. People wont know anything except you said it. It's like that .
I did not blog about you being bad people. I'm just saying, that some of the things you do, well, it hurts. Alright. I'm not afraid to speak my mind anytime. But I'd rather do it here. When I can do it properly. Oh, and don't go on bragging about me. It's really not about me. I'm just showing what you guys are doing to someone like me.
So, if you insist of leaving guitar, i got nothing to say(cause you surely cant leave). You can COMPLAIN to Mdm Ho if you want to. We wont say anything. We'll just REPLY IN ENGLISH. Fine w you? Happy aint you?
That just makes me feel even worse.
Okay, i just read your other posts.Monday, July 7, 2008
But I wasn't too happy about the excessive amount of Chinese spoken.For fuck's sake. All just because everyone is Chinese and I'm the ONLY Malay doesn't mean you should ALWAYS speak Chinese.I felt like as if I wasn't there. Because to them, my presence was almost not acknowledged. Even things you tell Mr Yeo also in Chinese. Never even bother to tell me anything.
My reply:yozzxzx. you got no rights to say us, as you're not paying attention . you're like dozing off. And since you'e not interested, then why should we like, speak in ENGLISH just for you when you're dreaming away? As what i've said earlier , you can say: HEY, IM HERE. then we'll of course respect you . What do you want us to tell you? And it's normal for CHINESE to talk to CHINESE in CHINESE. MALAY to talk to MALAY in MALAY. you said you felt you wasnt there. that's what you FELT. since you're not happy about being th only CHINESE there, and you DONT WANt TO SAY ANYTHING, then it's your business. What you want us to do?
It's not because I wasn't paying atttention. I didn't pay attention because I didn't understand. Honestly, I could have stared at everyone looking like an idiot and I can gurantee that nothing would happen. And yes I know I could have said that. But at that point of time, it was really just too much. I know it's normal that you do what you do. But at least if it's something that we all should know, at least let me know. If it's something funny about sir at least I want to hear it. I want to laugh to. I just didn't get a chance to. Even if I did ask what happened, it's just not as funny as being in the moment when it really happened. And I was not unhappy about being the only Malay guy there. But rather unhappy that you all, as "CHINESE to talk to CHINESE in CHINESE" instead of being an ensemble, which I was a part of but just did not feel it there. Don't ask me what you're supposed to do. I'm not supposed to provide you with the answers. We just learn from the mistakes.
Everytime say we speak in CHINESE. zzz. Wont you get used to it? Wont you get tired of repeating the same thing over and over again?
Yes I've gotten used to it. Yes I'm fucking tired of repeating the same thing over and over again. But it's the joy of being together that I'm missing out because of this. It's like being denied of food that you're supposed to eat.
1. Continual Learning. Since you're in the Conversational Course, you should have learnt basic chinese.
They don't teach us everything you will say though. I only understand some of the things. But it's not ALL the things that you guys say.
2. Adapt to environment.You should have got used to a CHINESE speaking environment.
I have no idea what to say. I don't mind the environment. I mind the fact that I'm losing out. Because of this environment. I don't need all the joy from you guys. But at least, I want to be laughing with everyone and be able to say "hey, I remembered we all joked about that". But I can't do it with this around all the time.
3. Integrity.Say what you wanna say.
Did just that :)
4. Be senstive.Stop insulting us by saying we IGNORE you, and we SPEAK in CHINESE.
I did not insult you guys by saying that you ignore me. And yes I know you all speak in Chinese (quite obvious isn't it?) But point is, you can really make anyone feel left out by not letting someone understand why, there is so much joy. When the joy is something that could relate to them.
5. Resilience.Press on, dont because of CHINESE thing, you wanna quit guitar . You're a good player anyway.
You learned a thing or two in Westwood. :) Oh, it is not because of the Chinese thing I want to quit. It's not because of THESE incidents. It's if this kind CONTINUES in guitar that makes me want to quit. Oh, the last line is a big lie. Don't kid me. I'm not a good player.
6. Team spirit.You've lost them. Just because of CHINESE speaking. Do you think it's fair?
I never felt one with the ensemble. For the most part, it was like going there, playing what I had to play. And just keeping in sync. It's not cause of the speaking. It's just how it is. I don't know if everyone knows, but the ensemble isn't united. At most, it's just a bunch of people playing what they have to play. But not being proud of playing because they are one. I'm not saying that we are not ensemble. I'm just pointing out what everyone else doesn't realise. Don't hit me back on what I think. It's the serious truth. Not everyone, is proud to be an ensemble member.
See, im being reasonable here. I didnt flare up. Cause i know i have to control my temper . i dont want to have anymore misunderstanding between sec3s guitar members.
Thanks so much. Honestly you did do well in being reasonable. I respect that. It's not a misunderstanding. I just find this a serious issue.
I hope you read this, and reply it.
I know there's lots of mistakes, but don t care about it.
My god, my longest post. (WELL DONE!)
LOL.Okay, bye.
Friday, July 11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment