Concert day!!!
Really psyched.
Everyone was psyched.
Went to school. Had practice, practiced so long.
When me, Jonjoe, Ainul, Jian Xiong, Haziq and a few others went to take our costumes from the guitar room, Haziq kept pulling his pants up and saying "THIS IS WESTWOOD STANDARD!"
Stupid, he made everyone laugh so hard.
Then later when we went back to the class room, I forgot who, but he hanged his costume in such a manner it looked like a scarecrow. Genius.
Then we got on the bus. Li Shwen and the other girls were afraid of some blue fly that was near their seat. They asked me to do something about it. So I killed it. I felt remorse for it. To have killed, for the sake of another. The cause isn't that good either.
When we finally got to VCH, went to change. Which only by then did I realise I had lost my vest. And subsequently later realised that my vest was left in the bus. Of all places.
Well done. Later, rehearsing for the dry-run, I was without a vest, and I told Mdm Ho about the vest thing.
The Dialogue:
MH: How could you lose your vest?
H: Oh! I left it in the bus.
MH: But I checked the bus already!
H: I left it on top of the bus, the shelf there.
MH: *GASP* Ok, breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out. *Walks away*
I felt like bursting into laughter when I saw that. I have never seen such a thing before my own eyes before. I never knew it would be so... amusing.
While waiting for our turn to perform the song with Guzheng, Mdm Ho came back and mumbled "I am patient, I am patient" and walked off to the other side. Fucking amusing.
Dry-run went by rather quickly.
Then right before the crowd came, Mdm Ho passed me a vest. I was saved. Now I have vest to perform with!
Went the actual concert began, that's when we were finally tested.
Merely lining up, waiting to perform with Guzheng, we were already nervous. All of us were. Just a look at the crowd, any one person should be nervous. Even myself.
But I always tell myself "It's always before going on stage that you are the most nervous."
Which was true. During the song with Guzheng, I had a tendecy to move with the beat, made me look a little like as if I was headbanging with the music. Nonetheless, I tried to make it look so it didn't look awkward.
So, we went back to the holding room. Haziq kept uttering of some "I like black, black's my favourite colour" thing. He did it in such a manner he looked like an idiot. If not already one. He even tried to make as if Rain did it. I laughed so hard.
When it was finally our turn to perform again, it didn't feel so bad because we took a seat on the stage prior to performing. My dad got so camera-happy. And yeah, indeed he was embarassing me.
Our Minuetto was done rather well. And the sec 1's and 2's came in rather smoothly. Most of them. Seka was off beat for a few bars. I only played part of the intro. And in the end, I caused a buzzing sound. Which caused eyes to look at me.
Quien Sera was rather fun. Me, Haziq, and Ainul were the only ones who nodded our heads.
Not too much though.
Always With Me, nothing wrong, but I didn't think it was that bad. Quite alright though. I've been following Sir's hand for the most part.
El Bimbo. Our signature number. Hopefully that one pleased the crowds.
Our exit.
After all that, it didn't seem so bad. Did the Westwood cheer like Westwoodians. Like as if. I'm not being sarcastic.I just see it.
Take pictures. Oh.
Packed up guitars and left. Wanted to go home with parents, but had to bring guitars back to the room.
Sigh. Was fucking tired. I was glad for the chocolate on the bus en route to school. It helped me sleep easier.
Woke up, put guitars in the AVA room.
Then I left. I appreciate Ainul's dad, and Ainul for giving me a ride home. Very grateful.
Got home and did not find myself writing this.
I fell dead asleep when I lay down on the sofa.
Then I found myself writing this the NEXT day.
Thursday, July 10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment