Today is all about sleeping. No joke. In one day, I drifted off at least 3 times today.
Today I was woken up by my cousin (lanky one) and my brother. Around 5.30 I was woken up. Not sure what my dream was about, but it has had to do with school of late. Anyway, went to school with Xin Lei and Shi Jie.
Nothing interesting to talk about in the bus. Surprisingly quiet. Almost dozed off in the bus but I just lay my head to rest without drifting.
Assembly today is quite sparkling. I wanted to fall asleep during reading time but I was scared the teachers would catch me. Then after all the National Anthem all this, there was a long talk on Westwood Bytes. The only highlight would be the movie. It is called "Origins" and is in a way a lot like Heroes. Anyway the movie was actually REALLY GOOD. I only didn't like the acting, it could be brushed up. Effects, script and storyline was very good. Only part that I found funny (in terms of film making) was the part when the protagonist (forgot his name) was held in an armlock by Hamizan (antagonist) and Namie went to take a motorcycle helmet and whacked him. The problem was that it looked like as if she had only moved the helmet close to the Hamizan's head and he fell down. There wasn't even a concussive sound of him being hit. Well that's something.
I think after that I would be interested in seeing other Singapore films made locally by students.
After the assembly, 1A,B,C, and sec 3's had to stay behind. At first I didn't know what. But then it was to rearrange the rows. I'm like WTF. Time was spent correcting rows when we could have all learned something. It took roughly 1 period I think to get it done.
First lesson of the day was SS. As before the lesson we were held back by the teachers to correct the rows, we only had around 1 period left for SS. We took a source based question test to see how our inferrential skills are. The questions are based on the Merger in 1965. To be honest I could not do Question 1 well. SS pretty much we learned what's a Nation, Country and a State.
After that was Pures. Conveniently, pure lit class was at the MRL and SS was in AVA. What a short distance we had to go to. Sadly, 3F and 3G are the only classes with Pure Lit students. There were only 20 of us in Pure Lit class anyway. So I guess I'm lucky 20. Anyway in class we continued the discussion of the "Over The Rainbow" song/poem whatever you want to call it. Went through structure and meaning. It can be hard for some people. But it wasn't that hard. Qutie easy. After that we had to send a representative to speak the answers. The teacher brought forth 4 chairs. (WOW, she sounds like a magician) Anyway, my group sent me as representative and Danial, Wei Xuan and Joan were the other lucky 3. For some reason while I was sitting in front of everyone in class (I'm on a chair, everyone else was on the floor.) I began to shiver and shake uncontrollably. I even did something like a horse. It was freaking cold. Couple that with nervousness, (which never really is a problem) and I get shivers. So much even my teeth moved on it's own accord. Everyone was like giggling and laughing at me. But I'm fine with it. I was even told to stop shaking. Anyway, we were asked what was the structure and the meaning. While Joan was explaining on the song, she mentioned that the writer was in sort of a deathwish. But we all disagreed, we could not find where that was from. Then...
Hannan: Umm, if the writer had a deathwish why couldn't I find "I want to die" in the song?
Joan knew it was not like that. Even the teacher knew so. But shortly after that I actually realised what she was talking about. And cleared it up with the class. Anyway, other than the show* that was put up on Pure Lit class, nothing really special.
After Pures was MT. Very brief period, I think like only one period. Handed in the Self Introduction paper and went through a Kefahaman (comprehension) about a Pelaga (rainbow) or something. Mdm Hidayah told us that each group had to get one of the members to read the passage. The first one was Belacaan, made up of Irhas, Hazim, Faiz , Adzdzin, Munifah, Sharifah and Ali. It was really funny because Sharifah and Ali were bickering among each other as to who would read first and Munifah was stuck in the middle, literally. In the end Sharifah began reading the text first. After that there wasn't anything else interesting.
MT was just before recess. So during recess I didn't feel hungry, so I bought some Ice Lemon Tea. I also used the time to buy the exercise books for class. Whichever one came first.
After recess was straight to CME. Mr Chan, being honest, did not know how to teach CME to the class. Even more outrageous is that the same file is used with the same values. Respect, Integrity, blahblah. To be honest, I think that CME lesson is on a stand still. I salute Mr Chan to assess our grades. Anyway In CME lesson they all kept talking with Mr Chan, our In-touch topic (that we have to present) is Rising Cost In Singapore. Not too hard. I can put something up for that topic. But after that was trash talk. Nothing interesting. A handful of us in class fell asleep. But it was actually ok, since Mr Chan had nothing to teach us.
Chemistry came and so did the teacher. I didn't realise got chemistry today actually. I asked Kuan Min for the periods tomorrow and I didn't see chemistry there. Just glad that I didn't get any scolding for not bringing the textbook. I think that chemistry was quite fun, learned a few things. A satisfactory lesson you can say.
After Chemistry came E Maths. E maths we learned about quadratic equations by completing the square. It's really hard to explain the concept behind it. But eventually we all got to it. To find the answer simply take the Co-efficient before X and divide it over 2 and square it. That's all. Has meaning behind it, but it's harder to understand. But from what I say, If you can't understand it now, just do what needs doing. Can understand later. Anyway got a decent amount of homework for maths. Hand up on Thursday.
After E maths school was over for me and POA students. After that was A maths. I was told to meet at the 4th floor with other guitar members. When I got there I saw quite alot of the members there already. Not knowing what to do , I went to talk with Ainul. We talked a while then Kamal came to him. We talked for quite a bit and they were BOTH surprised I went to express. Kamal needed proof so I gave him a look in the maths textbook. After a while Mr David Chua came to us and we talked for a while. After he left, I realised that the guitar members went elsewhere already. But since we weren't told to do anything, I went home with Ainul. On the bus I went home with Ray and Koh Tian Luck. We talked quite a bit on Anime, Tv, the like. From what I realise, Ray knew more about stuff that is somehow RELATED to sex. When I was on the 302 bus with him, the most I could remember him say was something related to sex. Seriously. I think I'm scared of him. XD
Anyway, got home, slacked, a lot, listened to half of Altars Of Madness by Morbid Angel and looked at the lyrics too. In my opinion it's a really good album despite it's quality of time. I also read Trey Azagthoth interviewed by Metal Rules. He really actually isn't a satanist. That's David Vincent, he's a memeber of the Church of Satan. Trey Azagthoth composes the music and writes some of the lyrics but most of the guitarwork was done by him. Amazing job I'll say.
After that I listened to Atheist and I got tired. I lay down on the sofa and soon enough I drift off to sleep. So I woke up and found myself writing this.
*1. I would consider Pure Lit class today like a show because it amused the class. But most of it was something I had to do with it. Like speaking too loud and doing something out of the ordinary.
Tuesday, January 8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment