Friday, January 11

CCA Fair

Last night was scary. My mom and dad actually argued. With me and my little brother around. It's getting me rather uneasy of where I am now. Anyway.

Alright, since it's Friday, lessons begin straight away.

First class was electives. Wow, Mdm Rozi is just so good. "Use pliers and take out the fingernail, put salt on it and RUB IT IN!". Amazing!. There's also a lot of fun about the Japanese. Oishii! Mind-map on the Balkans for homework.

After that was English. Ms Lee got us to use the Life Accents for the first time. Anyway, the words immigrate/emigrate/migrate was been very confusing for someone in class. But nothing too interesting.

After English was MT. When I was going down to class Mrs Lim caught me with Ice Lemon tea that Rose found. IT WAS FROM YESTERDAY THAT ONE! Now it tastes so bad. Glad it was thrown away. In class we had to make a menu that has dishes that a hotel would serve. 1 Appetizer, 3 main courses and 2 desserts. It was really difficult. My 'best" suggestion was "Nasi Ayam dengan ayam." (Chicken Rice with Chicken).

Just kidding.

Recess there wasn't any Nasi Lemak so I had tofu and eggs with rice. Was very lackluster. Anyway I didn't buy Ice Lemon Tea. I'm going to stop drinking Ice Lemon Tea today onwards.

Last class of the day was SS. There was a little problem with where Cho Sun and Danial wanted me to seat. So instead I sat at the 2nd row (normally 1st). I was next to a guy named Gerald from Choir. He seems like an awfully pleasant guy. Anyway Mdm Rozi talked about Singapore and the awakening. Lot's of useful information. Ali usually kicking in with his words. Some of them were pure genius. Seriously. Social Studies is officially the funniest class I've had.

After SS, got dismissed and went to the mosque. At the mosque, while the sermon was on, Khairi was doing rather unusually amazing things. Like moving his veins on his hand and FOOT massaging me and Afifi. He's truly an amazing person. After mosque I decided to go to the CCA fair. I want to have the experience. If I went back home, It would be more boring but I didn't regret my choice.

Went back to school. The CCA fair was just about to start. Me and Ainul weren't performing so we were assigned to the booth to get as many sec 1 hopefuls to join guitar. Anyway, the aesthetics group all had a performance. First with Guzheng. The performance was rather graceful and it evokes atmosphere. The next performance was choir. They played about 3 songs. And I commented "They just can't stop singing". When they sang the first song, I actually got goosebumps. Must be that good a performance. In fact all 3 of their songs gave me goosebumps.

Next performance was Guitar. My own CCA. Their first song, was Jay Chou's Rainbow. One them sang the song while Jonjoe played the amplified guitar. The 2nd song, Fur De Adeline (something like that), was really soft. I think Guitar was the worst performance. I don't know why other CCAs seem to do better then Guitar. Maybe there won't be anymore Guitar after next year's SYF. Maybe. If it keeps up.

Band's performance last. The best one for last in my opinion. They played some songs and the last one (I remember!) was Lady Marmalade. They performed that song for last year's CCA fair except that this time they even CHOREOGRAPHED it. I thought that the song was simply made for Band CCA. Instead they got dancing. I was like :0 the first time I saw it. They did it so well. I think they'll get a lot of members.

After that Me and Ainul passed around "join guitar" posters. After that we waited around. There was some really good drumplay by the twins from 3A (forgive me I forgot your names) and Indra I think. Really good. After they gave the sec 1's time to look around the booths, the teachers settled them down to give them instructions. The first 4 sec 1's classes (A,B,C,D) went down to watch the Uniformed Groups performances.

I watched the Uniformed Groups performances and my comments on the performances are according to order of first performance:

Boys Brigade: Their fancy drill was really something, probably the best performance.

Girl's Brigade: Their drill had the energy but not the flair needed to get sec 1's convinced to join.

NCC: They didn't have a drill, but their skit is damn funny. Especially Hidayat, we all saw his blue stuff. It's also very creative too.

NPCC: Drill was very disciplined but it was nice nonetheless.

SJAB: The first time they performed, they showed what the SJAB would do during an emergency. Nothing too intresting. The second time they had a drill, that I didn't watch because I was at the hall and therefore cannot judge.

Anyway, that was all for CCA fair, I waited for someone to go home*. I even let 3 buses by before Shi Jie, Wei Jing came along. Went home with Allan, Hazim and the previous mentioned before Allan and Hazim. Anyway, I walked home with Shi Jie*and while walking home my button snapped and now my uniform is 2 buttons short. What the hell? Must be the bag.

Bought a double cheeseburger at Limbang and went back home eating it.

Recalling back, when I first saw the CCA fair, a feeling came over me. It was sort of nostalgic and sad. It's like the loss of camaraderie. Hmm, the feeling had quite an effect on me.

*1. Sorry Cameilia and Ain for not going home with you.
*2. Shi Jie wanted to lose weight so he wanted me to walk home with me.

No comments: