Wednesday, February 10

Flood, Food?

Okay. Today also be fucked.

Economics lecture was so freaking boring, I had trouble staying awake. After dozing off several times, my mood sorta died down and went into a grizzled bo chup mode. I didn;t care what the economics lecturer was saying, I just got too bored and sleepy.

Literature lecture was also fucked. I didnt even bother to read anything. Hopefully secondary school habits to act up again. They are very wrong. I dont like it at all but after Economics lecture, my whole morning was ruined.

Only after recess did I feel well a little better. Once H2 maths started, went over to Irina and Qeera to just hang out and do the H1 Maths homework that wasn't completed yet.

OHOHOH.
Sat next to Irina for H1 maths. SHE IS FUN. She took the CG calculator and typed out "Maths is screwed" and "BORING........... :(" or something in that sort. The best part was when she misread this line:

An insurance company can only process claims for the recent flood incident etc...

She misread the word flood as food. XD Then she was actually wondering why people needed insurance for food. JOKE OF THE DAY (Y)

Afterwards went to chill out with Vivian, Adrian, Irina, Cody and Qeera until dance audition began.

I kid you not, the Liquid Dancer and Breakdancer from orientation are ALL in Modern Dance. ITS SO COOL! It's like all the awesome dance talent is concentrated in one place. What could be better than that? The best part is that they are willing parties to teach us guys their moves. ZOMGGGG.

But before that, we endured the dance instructor's WARM UP. Yes her warm up is insane. There was one time, she had us all lie down on the floor, legs all the way up and had us split while lying down. When she demonstrated it, she did it so fast, WE HEARD A FUCKING CRACK SOUND THAT MADE US ALL GO : OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But apart from that her warm-up is insanely long and difficult but nonetheless great for increasing flexibility. The dance she taught us is so cool! It's like a mix of everything; retro, hip-hop, jazz and others. It's just so awesome!

After the whole dance audition, the guys stayed behind for our own little session of freestyle show off. It's not extactly a competition but we showed each other what we could do. Apparently, the liquid dancer's name is Son, a Vietnamese ASEAN scholar. VERY COOL BEB.
The breakdancer is Yi Ren, he's about 18 this year and he is a self-taught B-boy. VERY AWESOME.

Apparently, everyone knows a little of everything. After they saw how I did the bridge and walkover, they realised that I had a very flexible body that could be used to do some intensely hard moves they've seen. We were even thinking of choreographing our own hip-hop moves for performances. WHICH IS VERY VERY COOL. After today's session, I think I will have a very hard time leaving awesome dancers such as them. Everyone just seriously has their own style.

Track and Field try outs were okay. Yi Ren was cool enough to try out with me. His 30m timing was better than mine but I beat his 200m timing. He had 31 seconds while I had 30. But honestly he can do wayyyy better than me since he has a FEVER. What a hindrance for him. The coach told us our bodies our not suited for Javelin and High Jump, the events we were initially interested in. Oh well.

Afterwards, went to chill with this dude named Kapilan. He has TONS of games that I've been dying to play. ESPECIALLY GODFATHER. OMGGG. If I had a thumbdrive that moment I would so have taken a game from him or something, seriously. He's a very cool dude afterall, games and science inclined. Berry awesome.

Yi Ren's hiccups were a serious running gag, even though he was on the suffering end. Everytime he thought it disappeared, it came back to haunt him. Poor dude. After a long chat with Kapilan and Yi Ren, we all went home with our weary bodies and minds.

Got home and found myself writing this.

No comments: