Sunday, August 2

I Don't Want To Forget These Times

Three cheers for posting. Yes it's been too long. One week is too long.
I've had a lot on my head concerning blogging. Do I post or do I not? When I was sec 3, I was always bothered by the idea of recording things down, so that when I look back at it, nostalgia emerges.

Now I wonder, do I really need that nostalgia? It's just a mixed feeling. Do I need those mixed feelings? But then I remember the other reason why I started this blog. To record events. Those that happened in my life. I feel that perhaps just one day, sometime in the future, perhaps when I turn 25 or something. I could look back and say "I was a kid back then."

Do I really want to continue blogging? It's a crucial moment now, O Levels are drawing near, attempting to rear it's ugly head over me and the other unfortunate people who are required, opted or obligated to take our self-imposed subject papers. I really want to record down history, but I am too lazy of late and there are other things I'm better off doing than blogging.

Life has changed exponentially since I turned 16. New things and thoughts have dawned on me since then. Should I keep writing ? By that time I should have continued writing, better still, write even better. But it's the opposite, I just don't want to write even though there's this nagging urge within me "KEEP WRITING, YOU WANT TO REMEMBER THIS."

That brings me to the problem of memory. I started drinking a few days before my birthday, and since then my memory has been slightly impaired. It's been failing me recently. I don't remember things that happen in a day as well as I did before. But this problem of memory is another reason to get me to write. My memory is seriously in a detrimental state, so I really need to write important events down. My biggest concern in the near future is: I don't want to forget these times. If I did, I feel like as if I would have lost a part of me. Just like how I have for primary school, Sec 1 and sec 2.

But then again so did most of the people in the past, lest they fancy writing with a pen and paper as opposed to my idea of typing my words out on a virtual canvas laid out on optical fibre.

So this leaves me here.
Write and remember OR dont write, forget and regret but spend time doing something else.

Guess I might just grow up
You Kid...


Sigh.
Found myself writing this.

No comments: