Friday, January 23

Mental Bankai

Assembly. An announcement for all debaters to meet after school in the MRL room at 2.00. Sigh... Was so hoping to back to DLS to meet friends.

MT. Went into the classroom thinking, "why is there still music?"
Had more discussion, and homework. I will try to find time after school to meet Mr Faisal so that I can do the O level thing. I want to do it, but there's not much free time. Plus it's awkward to ask for help from teachers after school. But I suppose if I want to help myself, I guess it's necessary to do so.

Maths. Talked about the CNY thing first. Then went on with lesson.

POA. Had only one period of POA because we had to go for recess in time for the CNY celebrations. The lesson was rather quick as well. Sat with Chin Yang for the day.

Recess. Had never seen so many levels cram into one recess that lasts the same amount of time. Decided not to eat proper food but rather some snacks.

Then headed back to class for... no reason in particular. Just to stay there for a while until Mr. Chan comes. In the mean time, I played some lame "Heart Attack" game with Joyce and her friends. I was thinking "OMG this is so lame." But seeing how much fun they were having, rather not spoil their moment.

CNY celebration. Ridikuloose. The emcees. Were, really bad. They weren't emceeing, they were reading cue card stories to the audience and role playing.
Even the performances were crap, to an extent. The blow painting thing was nice. No doubt. But the singing competition was ridiculous. Where's Ms Chen when you need her? I think she intentionally dismissed herself today so that she wouldn't have to witness this hell.

Then at about 12.30, Mrs Chow dismissed the Malay guys for prayers.

Prayer. Prayed with my Ainul, Kamal and his friends. During the sermon, we were doing menial things like cracking our fingers, necks, and even playing with the veins on our palms such that it would move on it's own accord.

Afterwards headed back to WWSS. For the debates thing. Since I was obliged to by Ms Nithiya and since she asked me personally.

Debates. <-- Yes this is a new section! I went into the room for English activites, (or my Literature classroom.) and there I saw students of exceptional English manipulation. The only familiar faces being Yong Yong, Debbie and who else. No, no one else. Ms Nithiya made her magical entrance, one that silences all others. She gave us a briefing, and shortly after the instructor appeared. And we thought were getting started. But then we all complained about having not eaten since we came here. So we all went to have some grub before actually starting. And she said "if Ms Nithiya asks, say that we are learning to project our voice." which seemed to only be complete with a smirk or a sneer. <-->

Then we went back to the magical English room and began what was called the "Toastmaster's Club". Or something along those lines. We all had to write about a topic, any 2 topics. I wrote Theism and Ideology. Two super complex topics. The first two people that went to do their topics did quite nicely. When it came to question time, Dorothy in particular was had a lot to say. Although it was a lot of words, there was no question. I Tried to help her a lot in that by saying "One line, just one line!" Her friends say she wants to be a lawyer, which she proudly admits. I don't feel bothered about it, since I rarely meet people who are rooted to their ambitions. <-->

When I was sabotaged by Debbie to go up, I chose this topic, a very difficult one too. Mercy killing. I had not much of an idea what it was. I said crap that Mercy Killing was killing but allowing mercy on the victim and allowing them to live. I also even mentioned Coup de grĂ¢ce, a phrase I conveniently took from DOTA (thanks Mortred.) <-->

Ironically, most of the things I said were not true but the Instructor praised my use of humour and word usage. But either way I took questions very nicely. Which is okay. <-->

Afterwards, had a few more students have their turn but they couldn't talk too much about their topic. Even if it was a simple one, such as "Student Rights". That one is easy.

After being officially dismissed, I had to present my feedback to Ms Nithiya after she was done talking to her L&C students. While waiting, I had a nice talk with Dorothy, who appeared to have a lot to say. I didn't even have to look, she was just displaying the image of words crammed in a jar, waiting to be released.

After presenting my feedback, (confidential.) I headed home.

I was so tired and I had the after-effects of debate. It's sort of like a mental Bankai (to those who watch Bleach), it takes up a lot of me and consumes a lot of energy. I got so tired, I fell asleep on the bus while my mind was active. I was so tired, when I woke up, everyone had left the bus and the bus driver was about to close the door on me.

Soon enough got home and found myself writing this.

<-->

No comments: