Finally, a day when I can take a little load off. (if not the bag.)
Today, I've betrayed green once more by wearing red. :P
Then in school, assembled at Quadrangle.
Assembly. Fell asleep several times. But those were near-realistic dreams. I dreamt I was in the same place, but I was still asleep in reality. But then, no one was there, so I woke up, and I was finally awake. Weird enough, majority of my dreams these days are dreams where I am in the same place where I was, but something would have changed, such as, the people around me.
Rev-up. ROAD RUN!!!
I told Allan I wanted to run with him. But then he had to play the games with the teachers later on so I guess I had to run by myself. After that I felt a little lazy to run. But after a while, suddenly felt the vigour to run once more. I was in front of my class the whole time. About midway into the run, Joyce caught up on me.
Heh, she wanted me to give her chance. But then again, I wanted to run my best. So I tried to keep up with her the whole time. Whenever she tried to surpass me, I'd run at her speed and eventually, she'd slow down and I'd overtake her. Well, got to thank her for helping me do my best.
And finally, I was the first one to reach class again. Joyce was 2nd. 3rd was Zimin I believe? So I sat down there, watching the sec 2's do the Vertical run. Caught you running fast, you walked for a bit, but then sped off. They say that nothing makes a heart beat faster than the one it beats for.
Then finally went up to the hall for Teacher's Day celebration.
Teacher's Day celebration.
Before it actually started, Mr Clark announced the winners for the lyrics competition. The winners were students from class 2A with a song "Mr Hector Heng"
Can't believe they actually wrote a song for him. They even sang it to the tune of some High School Musical song. Don't know which one, I'm not a big fan of High School Musical. I actually found their line "Even though we're from NT" sort of... degrading. Well, at least it's from the heart. For the most part of course.
And I never realised it, but, MR HECTOR HENG IS TALLER THAN MR ROBERT CLARK!!!
The first awards that were nominated by students was the most fun. We all made a lot of noise. I think by far, Mr Samuel and Mr Kumar had the best fun going up to the stage. They were damn funny. Living up to the titles of funniest teacher and most charismatic teacher respectively.
Then the games were also fun. Lots of participation, even Mr Clark wants a piece of the glory and went up to answer. But he only got a kinder bueno afterwards.
The rest of the awards got very boring. Seriously boring.
Fast Forwarding>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Then we moved to the teachers vs students games!
Ah yes.
I was there with Danial, commentating on the game. I was commentating so fast I even out-commentated (is there such a word?) Danial. LOL.
The students won most of the games. But after a while, it got ridiculously boring. Despite commentating. Even the floorball was a gone case. Only a bunch of sec 4's watching. No one particularly excited.
After a while, left for home.
Got home, slacked a while. Before I left for DLS at about 1.
When I got to DLS, I'm relieved to see people like Brandon, Li Ting, Wei Qin again. Well, had fun around in school with people.
I was even greeted by a bunch of Indian guys who asked me for my name. I was so shocked! I didn't even know them and they knew me!
I saw...
Brandon
Li ting
Wei Qin
Matthew
Marcus Tan
Vivian (XXDDDDDDDDDDDD)
Charmaine
Jocelyn
Cheryl
Pei Yi (after all these years, THANK YOU!!!)
Geraldine
Merabel
Kurt
Shawn
Wei Ting
Rachel
Olivia
Madeline
Jiong Wen
Syahirah (from Chestnut)(one of which reminds me of you.)
Nurul Syahirah (from Regent)
Siti
Oscar
Benjamin
Jun Han
Ivory (who brought Esther,Clement,Wan Ling and others from her class)
Hani
Wai Leong
Heng Huat
and many others if I missed out. If you went back to DLS and ur name isn't here, please notify me!
Wow, so many! Honestly, DLS has changed a lot ever since my batch left. The HOD room has now turned into a Drama/Dance/Story telling room. WITH AN ELECTRIC GUITAR IN IT. OMG. Too bad it is in a bad shape. Not literally though.
Much has changed anyway. At about 3 or so we left the school. And there were only a few of us who wanted to stick around a little longer and go to Lot 1.
Forgetting to bring my wallet, I ran all the way back home just to take it. Then, ran back too. And went to Lot 1 with Brandon, Li Ting, Wei Qin, Matthew, Marcus, Geraldine, Cheryl, Wei Ting, Pei Yi, Merabel.
Then when we got to Lot 1, we stood around some table asking ourselves "what are we doing here?" XD
Such crap. So funny, we even made fun of the way Matthew walks. He is like among the tallest in our group here, and yet he cannot find Wei Ting and the others when they walked on first.
Then Pei Yi said "You wouldn't want to be as tall as him, he no use already. So tall cannot spot them."
So true! Ah fun times. Then we went up to the library and found Tina and her friends there. She was like so shocked? XD
After a while we got very tired. We all wanted to go home. I was surprised Li Ting wanted to accompany me to buy my Ramly Burger. I thought she'd go home straight. But it's alright. This is what friends are for. :)
After she realised it took about 5 minutes to get the burger done, she decided to just go home, oh well.
Got home, ate food, and fell asleep. DEAD TIRED. I knew that if I stayed awake any longer, I will just collapse during Silat.
I realsied that my primary school has changed much ever since my batch left. I only have to say that they are more fortunate than the 1993 batch. And that primary school and secondary school are very different.
From what I saw, when I watched the Teacher's Day celebration, the children in the hall screamed like as if they saw some celebrity. And it was not one teacher they screamed at, they screamed at the mere mention of ALL the teachers. I was like so surprised!
In secondary school, to have that kind of noise made for you is... almost impossible. You'd have to be bloody famous in school to have that kind of ovation. In secondary school, teachers are even CONDEMNED by students. In primary school, you would be loved, even if you don't teach the class.
Anyway, my observations made for the day. Glad I got this post done.
HAPPY TEACHERS DAY EVERYONE!
Found myself writing this.
Friday, August 29
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment