Hmmph, second day in school, as a sec 3, the boys who'll rule the school.*
Today went to school with Shi Jie, Xinlei, Ivory and Hani. Seems like XL was in D, Shi Jie in E, I'm In F. Reverse it and get FED, with Up, that's how we will feel, days to come. Anyway, assembled in the hall, we sat near the sec 1's. When I was sec 1, I couldn't tell the sec 4 from sec 3. Just seemed so hard to tell when you're so new to the school. But look now, hey, I'm in sec 3.
Went back to class for Home @ Westwood. If you have not already known, Westwood Bytes has changed, again. Anyway, Mr Chan wasn't present that day and was on medical leave. So there was this new Chinese teacher who happens to be our Co-form teacher. If I'm not wrong, her name was Ms/Mrs Yip. Took temperatures in the morning. Just so happens the one I brought was spoiled. Whoopedoo. Anyway, after Home @ Westwood, was Pures. Pures, If you don't know is Pure Geo/Lit and Econs. At first it was a little confusing as we were supposed to go somewhere but nobody had an idea where. Then suddenly Le Ying came to the door and signalled one of the classmates (forgive me, I forgot your name), to go to the MRL.
To my surprise. There were only 20 students in Pure Lit class. And in the class there's only 4 guys, Me, Lay Guan, Danial and another person's name who slips my mind. At first we had to wait outside by the tables for the MRL to open. After a brief intro of our teacher, Ms Angeline Lee, we went to the MRL to continue her Introduction. In there she gave us her introduction aided with powerpoint.*
She asked us a few questions about Literature. It seems like pure lit class will be a very quiet one. It is so amazingly quiet, that if this whole class was in the library, no one would know we were there.
Before we went to the MRL she gave us a sheet called "Introduction to _____". Anyway, when I first saw the poem, the first word came to my mind was "Poetry". But later when I read the whole poem it just seemed to make my first guess a little off. In the end, the answer was "POETRY". My first reaction was "I KNEW IT!" I was so sure of it. Anyway in the MRL we had to answer the other questions that were Literature related.
After Pures class, was maths. Now, Mr Chan, our form teacher, is also the Maths and CME teacher. Since he was on medical leave, some other teacher came into the class and gave us a Algebraic Manipulation Revision sheet. I remembered pretty much a lot of it except multiplications with fractions. Pretty much anything to do with fractions.
After Maths class was ... ELECTIVES ! At first, everyone thought they were supposed to go to the History room for lesson. When I got there, there was a congregation present there already with many familiar faces. I made a facial gesture with someone I once hated. I have to tell her that I've grown out of it soon. Anyway, her reaction was somewhere between "OH NO! to Oh my Goodness..." Then suddenly, Mdm Rozi came to us and told us she thought that we were supposed to go to class 3H. When we were there, there weren't enough seats and tables there for all of us. So Mdm Rozi asked all 3G students taking History, that when Electives lesson is next, they must bring their tables and chairs to 3H for lesson. Convenient...
Anyway, History Electives is HUGE group. I think it's around 50-60 students. Spanning from 3D up to 3H. Something new about this class though. It's a lot different. Instead of one teacher, Electives, (I think Elective Geo as well) will have 2 teachers. For History, It's Ms Suhati (forgive me If I misspelled your name) and Mdm Rozi. Mdm Rozi for one is a very kind teacher in my opinion while maintaining a grip of discipline on us. Not sure about the other teacher though. History class is officially first priority. Why? Because Mdm Rozi has set down the rules for us and it seems to be straightforward yet so effective.
The rules basically are:
If you do not have History Text/Workbook/File and or writing material, you leave the class.
It's so simple! Yet so effective! Anyway, Mdm Rozi encourages a kind of 2-way learning. Which is "I learn from you, you learn from us" In her own words. I think History will be a very intresting class. It's big, has good teachers, and yeah, I can expect good things.
After Electives was recess. I had some prata with some chicken to eat. Chat a little with Afi, Hidayat , Jaz and the rest of the Malay guys.
Mother Tongue came right after recess. I really dread this class. I just hope that I dont get ostracised or the like. In class I sat next to Azhar. Mdm Hidayah, our teacher, wanted us to make group names our of Rempah Ratus (Spices). I didn't know any, and when she asked me what name I wanted, I couldn't answer. I wanted to say Green Pepper, but I had no idea what it is in Malay. So we went for Cili. Temporarily.
After Malay, was Chemistry. Our teacher, Mrs Tan will be teaching us Chemistry. Anyway, when we got back she seemed to be having a problem with the laptop. Arun was "asked" to help solve the problem. Then Chek Hie tried his luck. The screen just did not show up. Then, the lens were blocking it from being projected. So Danial went to take off the lens but there was no projection from the laptop. So instead Mrs Tan gave a more straightforward and verbal introduction to us. And of course we had to introduce ourselves back to her. Something we got sick of. Anyway, Chemistry class went by quickly when we all had to introduce ourselves in this way:
Name:
Strong Subject:
Subjects that need improvement:
For me it was simply said in one line: "My strong subject is any subject that does not begin with the letter "M"
When I sat down, Ali said to me "If you weak at math just say la..." In which I replied " I'm weak in MT too!"
Chemistry class ended rather quickly than I expected.
Next class, Physics. Our teacher, Mr Kerk, is teaching us Physics and A Maths. (for those who are taking, lucky me.) Anyway, since we were sick of introducing ourselves, Mr Kerk told us instead of introducing ourselves, we introduce someone else in the class. It was rather slow as compared as to introducing ourselves. I was wondering who was going to call me out, I probably thought it was either going to be Ali, Allan, Jazsley, or my guitar members. But to my surprise, it came from Sherryl*, the last person I expected to be called from. She called my name and just said "guitar". Poor girl, she seems so nervous! Anyway, I called Jazsley, and told him that me and him were friends from sec 1, and jam together. He also asked me how much was it an hour and where I jammed. I was surprised that he asked me about the rates and I thought he was a musician himself. After all the introductions were done, Mr Kerk gave us the last 10 minutes to do what we wished. I asked him about why he asked me about the rates and he told me that his friend used to own a jamming studio and that he was an acoustic guitar player and his friend was teaching him so he was brought to a studio and he wanted to know how much it costed hourly now.
After Physics was EL. It was so funny before the teacher arrived. Everyone was curious as when she was arriving and when she was walking towards the class everyone was like, panicking. What a scene it was. English class was rather disciplined. Not to the extent where it was Authorative, like Mdm Elaine Jee. (1B, 1C (06) and other classes thought by her should know what I am talking about) Anyway, she was not so strict, but she knows how to keep the class quiet. She also told us about the deadlines for our English holiday assignments.
Grammar/Compre - Tomorrow
RD- Next Monday
Book Review/Book Talk - 14/1 (about a week to prepare)
I never realised that 2 book reviews had to be done. But nevermind. I've read a book already some time ago. Which leaves me to what I should do for Book Talk.
English was over rather quickly, and school is over for me and other POA students. A math students stayed a little longer for, A math of course.
Went back home that day with Jaz, Shermin, Darren Chua, Cai Ling and Allan after their A math class. For some reason, If I wasn't there with them, it wouldn't make that much of a difference. I felt very invisible with them.
I went to Lot 1 with Jaz after the ride to buy his History textbook. After that went home and fell asleep. I woke up later and I saw someone lanky go through the door. So yeah,
Here I am writing this now.
*1. It's just an idea, I liked that when we are wearing long pants, we will be looked up to.
2. It just seems a little weird to have powerpoint help you introduce yourself. I find verbal introductions more straightforward and quick.
3.Why is she the last person I expected to be called from? Basically cause I almost never talk to her (except last year I talked to her a bit after CCA) and she never has said hi or waved to me like other people do. I'm still tripping on this matter.
Thursday, January 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment